Thursday, December 5, 2013

Curtains DIY

A while ago I bought two heavy curtains in hopes to put them in my kitchen to make the room look bigger. Well I measured wrong and they are shorter than I expected. So I decided to make them shorter and hang them on the window above the sink. 

Along with adding some accessories to my kitchen, I wanted to add more color. I don't have a color scheme that I have stuck to at all in there so I wanted to add color to the curtains for a little pop. 


 To start out I put a couple of drops of my doTERRA lemon oils in my diffuser and got to work.



Here are a couple of things that I used.
-Scissors
-Tape
-Acrylic paint
-Sponge brush
-Measuring tape
-Thread & needle


I laid my curtain down and cut it in half. Then I realized that I needed some christmas music playing, so I turned some on.


Then I picked out a pattern and colors that I wanted to use and taped it off, and painted. Then I cut the length to what I wanted and hemmed the bottom.


Here is the final product!




I love these horse shoe curtain holders that Jake made for me



I know it's only Thursday but we're headed off to Vegas for a fun weekend. Happy weekend!

1 comment:

copyright © 2013 Hansen love | all rights reserved | design by lost boy designs