Thursday, June 14, 2012

Its been a while since I posted.. --like a week :) --  I've just been so happy that Jake is home :) From his Canadian Adventure!! Bringing home two BIG bears! He's home and safe and with me again!! <3

Since then, I have been up to making good dinners! whoo! Lately I have been craving a baked potato and I've never really known exactly how long to cook them in the microwave or oven, and sure I could easily just look it up, but neither way has ever worked very well for me. So I had been looking at a blog (sorry I don't remember which one) but she had made baked potatoes in her crock pot! We got a very cute new one for our wedding so I decided to bust that out; went and bought some potatoes and started cooking.
It's so simple and easy!!! Wash 'em, wrap them in foil, and throw them in the crock pot on high for 6 hours! They were super delicious and the softest baked potato I've ever had! The best part is Jake saw what I had put on mine and made me make his just like mine! Silly kid!

Today is a new crock pot adventure!!! Ranch Chicken!! Okay so this lady here: Living Laughing & Loving [I found this recipe on Pintrest] she made this with pork chops. I didn't feel like making pork chops, don't ask why.. just wasn't feeling it! haha. So I just switched it out with some chicken thighs that I had! And HOLY COW!! It's smelling so good!!
Ranch Chicken-
-Chicken Thighs (or breast)
-One 10oz. can of Cream of chicken
- one can of water
- Ranch powder packet

Throw it all in the crock pot, stir, Leave to cook on low for 4-6  hours!! YUMMY!!

While that was cooking I started on my new.. Wreath?? haha. You'll see. I went to JoAnns today and was picking up some things for one project, and saw everything to make this project!
The one I did today is the one on the left! A small chalk board about 8" and a small H.  also some acrylic paint that I've had before and some yellow ribbon. I wanted to make this bright and summer-y!
So I painted the chalk board bright green and the H yellow, also so it would match the ribbon.




 I attached the H with Elmers spray glue and also some hot glue. It's windy here and I don't want it to fall off.


Next, I felt like this needed something else to it. So I got some left over fabric I had from my quilt I made a while ago and made a fabric flower for the corner. Here are some pictures if you're not sure how to make them.
Cut a long strip of fabric. The Longer and thicker the bigger the flower.
Tie a knot in the end of the fabric.
Start wrapping the fabric around the knot and glue with hot glue gun.



Keep going around, twist the fabric, and glue where you feel it needs to.
when you get to the end...
tada!!!
Fold the tail under and glue on bottom.

I hot glued that into the corner as well..


 next I measured out the ribbon and glued it to the back of the board. After I had done this I hung it on the door to see how the length would work out.. It was too long so I cut the ribbon at the top and tied it in a knot! and wala!! Its done :)


I will come back a little later, tell you how my chicken is and put some pictures too :)

2 comments:

  1. AH! April! remember when we made those fabric flowers at Kylee's Grandma's! And we burned our fingers 6000 times??! you mastered it! (P.S. I quite enjoy that you've turned your blog into a crafting blog, go ARCH!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So Cute! You are so creative!

    ReplyDelete

copyright © 2013 Hansen love | all rights reserved | design by lost boy designs