Sunday, July 1, 2012

Sunday Insights

I've decided to start something new. Every Sunday I'm just going to post a little insight that I've had from church, reading. my life, ect. So here we go :)

Today I was reading this months Ensign. I was reading Never Give Up on page 11. It is a story about a husband and wife that were converted to the church. The wife, Eva, was baptized 35 years before her husband. She tells the difficult story of how she prayed for her husband to join the church. Her children became members and continued to be strong in the church even after they had  grown up and moved out.

When her husband, Al, tells how his conversion took place. It was a reminder to me of the blessing that it is to have this gospel in my life and also to know that Christ died for me. That I can go to church each Sunday and know that because of the atonement, I can repent and have a new clean slate to try harder the next week to be better.

Elder Richard G. Scott had a quote in it that says :
  "Throughout your life on earth, seek diligently to fulfill the fundamental purposes of this life through the ideal family. While you may not have yet reached that ideal do all you can through obedience and faith in the Lord to consistently draw as close to it as you are able. Let nothing dissuade you from that objective... If for the present, that does not include sealing in the temple to a righteous companion, live for it. Pray for it. Exercise faith that you will obtain it. never do anything that would make you unworthy of it. If you have lost the vision of eternal marriage, rekindle it. if your dream requires patience, give it. As brothers, we prayed and worked for 30 years before our mother and our nonmember father were sealed in the temple. Don't become overanxious. do the best you can. We cannot say whether that blessing will be obtained on this side of the veil or beyond it, but the Lord will keep His promises."

There was a time in my life that I had given up the dream of getting married in the temple. I was giving up all of my dreams and goals for a guy that I had been dating and for a little bit I had forgotten who I was and had changed my plans.

There has been a few years since that, and the night that Jake had proposed I went home and found my little list that I had made in Young Womens about everything my future husband HAD to have!! :)
Yeah... you know what I'm talking about!!
 I was so happy to say that Jake had every single thing that was on my list. 

I am so happy that I could marry a man that is strong in the church. My parents are converts to the church. It wasn't like the couple in the story but it took some time. The Spirit and Heavenly Father has their own timing. I have some family members that aren't members of the church. A few used to be, and I just know that I would love to see them in heaven with me one day.

The day Jake and I were sealed there were SO many people in the room. All the chairs were filled and there were just as many people standing behind the chairs. It was an amazing experience to know that we had all of that family and friends that would be there with us one day when we pass through the veil.

Yes. It is very hard to see family members and friends who are around us that are struggling and haven't accepted the gospel. But just like the couple in the story, Al needed time before he could fully understand and accept the gospel. He said he made excuses as to why he wasn't reading the Book of Mormon that his wife left sitting around in the open for him. Then one day he got a package from his daughter that changed his whole perspective.
We need to always be in touch with Heavenly Father so we can play a part in His work. Al's daughter knew just what to say so he could let the Spirit in to touch his heart. If there is someone who you are praying for, don't get discouraged. The time is not yet that the magic happens.      "And now, I, Moroni, would speak somewhat concerning these things; I would show unto the world that faith is things which are hoped for and not seen; wherefore, dispute not because ye see not, for ye receive no witness until after the trial of your faith." —Ether 12:6

The Lord has a plan for us. We need to rely on the Lord so we can know how it is written and what we are supposed to do so we can be happy. Have Faith and don't lose hope!

Have a good week. Keep the Faith :)

--April

If you would like to read the story. Here is the Link:

Never Give Up

No comments:

Post a Comment

copyright © 2013 Hansen love | all rights reserved | design by lost boy designs