Tuesday, April 23, 2013

You live and learn

I'm so sorry that I have been MIA.... again. This whole homeowners stuff sure has taken up a lot of my time. Along with finals and work. BUT GOOD NEWS! The tile is done, and we get carpet today! And the wood floors come tomorrow (along with a dentist appointment)

This girl couldn't be happier. I am the kind of person that loves to see the transformation. That is the reason I like to clean.. yes you read that right. Clean. I love to see something go from ugly or dirty to pretty and clean, and fancy.

Such as this poor house. It was built in 2000 and had all of the same school carpet and linoleum in it.

But by the end of this week.. it will be a new home!!!

Last night when I got off work I went straight to the house to see what Jake was working on and what I could help with. I was so happy to see that Questar had come and turned our gas on so we can now be warm while we work on the house. It look a minute to get it figured out, but my handyman husband figured it out.

My latest project right now is transforming this blue master bathroom..


Slightly pictured here.
into something that won't hurt your eyes. I chose a light brown.. I'm a little worried about how small it makes the small bathroom feel, but i'm going for it! It's happening. And so far it is making the walls feel taller (if thats a plus) and I am now in search of a really pretty big mirror to replace the one that is currently in there!

I will try my best to come back to you when this is all over :) 

Happy Tuesday!

3 comments:

  1. My life sounds exactly like yours!Between finals and re-doing our house, and trying to start to pack, it has been crazy!! hope the bathroom turns out exactly like you want it too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats on your house april! I'm so excited for you :) we get to move into our new house in a week or so and i'm dying! new houses are so fun! can't wait to see your pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to see the transformations as well! How exciting that you are redoing so much of the house :D I can't wait to one day be able to tackle projects like this.

    ReplyDelete

copyright © 2013 Hansen love | all rights reserved | design by lost boy designs