Sunday, January 11, 2015

Goals for 2015

This year, it mildly stresses me out to think about how this whole year is going to go. It stresses me more to think about making a resolution that I am going to break next month. With the baby coming I'm trying not to set my expectations too high but I still wanted to make some goals for myself. I did set some requirements for them:

-They need to be simple
-Things that I won't be upset over if I don't reach the goal.
-Most of them will probably be forgotten, so don't stress about it!

So on January 1st I pulled out my phone and made myself a list of things that I wanted to do.

They are:

-Organize - Home/Life.

      This ones almost is just so easy. With my nesting mode setting in I have already started de-junking my house. I have cleaned up my sewing room and gone through some of my clothes. It took all of me to not throw out all of my clothes but I have to remind myself that I might fit into them again.

-Make more homemade (healthy) food.

      While I've been pregnant I have been hooked on the Food channel. I got so stuck on the Pioneer Woman mostly because she makes food that I know Jake will love. She doesn't always make the healthiest food but with it being homemade it's healthier than our take out we've eaten for the past 2 years. Jake also got me some cookbooks and kitchen appliances for Christmas. So I really want to put all of them to good use. I figure if I make the majority of our dinners throughout the week, I'm winning.

(if you have any favorite healthy recipes.. feel free to share!)

-Read the Doctrine and Covenants.

       I know that I read D&C when I was in seminary.. I mean I would've had to after going for four years. I just don't remember it all that well, so I want a refresher. My goal is to have this be my go to book while breastfeeding the babe when she comes. It is also what I read during sacrament meeting. Small steps my friends!


-Have a date night once a month.

       Jake and I have ALWAYS gone on dates. Only we have never really called them dates. We go out to dinner, movies, the nickelcade. So with the baby coming I really want to make it a point to go out on actual dates. Have some couple time and stare loving into each others eyes and such. This is an easy one that if we have a busy month we can have a date night at home cuddled on the couch.


Lastly, the typical


-Lose the baby weight.

       This one is honestly not that important to me for 2 reasons. 1- I haven't even had the baby yet so I don't know how well I will be able to fit into my pre-pregnancy clothes. And 2- I haven't even gained that much weight. Thanks to the morning sickness my whole pregnancy and lack of appetite I have kind of won in that category. I do love running/walking and mostly being outside. Where it will start warming up when I am about 6 months postpartum I am excited to be able to go out side and be active again. We did get a jogger stroller so I'm hoping that will be a big motivation for me.

If you have any tips for losing the baby weight, I would love to hear!

Did you make any resolutions this year?  

No comments:

Post a Comment

copyright © 2013 Hansen love | all rights reserved | design by lost boy designs