Tuesday, September 11, 2012

A day Remembered

On this day, 11 years ago, I went to school. I was sitting in class all ready to learn in Mr. Rices classroom. All of the sudden we all were to form a line to go into another classroom. There was a tv on with two big buildings. One was smoking. After we had sat down and had been watching for a while they showed a replay of what had happened to the smoking building. All the sudden, a plane hit the other tall building. What was happening? I was so young even what they said on tv didn't make sense to me. Later that day we went outside to the flag, they brought it down half way from the top. They said it was for respect for all of those people who had died. We had a moment of silence. I didn't know what I was supposed to do. So I prayed. I walked home like usual. My life was the same as always. I got home and set all of my school stuff down. My older sister and brother were watching tv. It was the same buildings as the ones I saw that morning. But this time people were jumping out of the building. Everything started to come together. I sat and folded the laundry while my siblings explained to me what happened. I didn't understand why someone would want to kill people in those buildings. I was so sad for all of those people and their families.

As I got older and understood what happened, why it happened, and the effects that came because of what happened; I am so grateful today to be an American. I have had family members that have fought in the war. I didn't lose anyone on that fateful say, but as a country we all became family and comforted each other. 9/11 changed the world. Today we remember all who lost their lives. I am proud to be an American!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

copyright © 2013 Hansen love | all rights reserved | design by lost boy designs