Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Pinterest Wednesday

The my dear ones is my sad attempt at a recipe post.





Do no fret! The food was to die for, but the picture quality is not top notch. So up, up and away we go!


On Sunday, whilst Jake and young bro, Zacho were having an intense NBA playstation competition, I was "doing homework". I did it, just not until later.

I was busy going through these cookbooks.


I got a couple of them for wedding presents, and then the bottom one at church on Sunday. Because it was my last week one of the ladies in the relief society presidency gave it to me! How kind!

So I was making my grocery shopping list, and then got a HUGE craving for chili. I am a huge chili fan. Love it! Its the best. Especially Homemade Chili.


I found this recipe, and it is the easiest meal I have EVER made.

Chili:

+ 3 Tbl. Vegetable Oil
+ 1 small onion, peeled and diced
+ 1 clove garlic, peeled and minced ** I just used the pre-minced garlic that comes in a jar.
+ 1 to 1 1/2 lb. flank steak, cooked and cut into 1/2 in cubes ** I just got the thin cut beef, and it 
                                                                          cooked perfect while everything else was simmering
+ 2 Tbl. Chili Powder
+ 1 Tbl. smoked paprika ** I used regular paprika
+ 1 Tbl. Ground Cumin
+ 1tsp. garlic powder
+ 1 tsp. onion powder
+ 1 can (15 oz.) Black beans, rinsed and drained
+ 1 can (15 oz.) Dark Red Kidney beans, rinsed and drained
+ 1 can ( 4 oz.) fire-rosted, diced green chilies. **The hotter you make this, the healthier it is. Spicy 
                                                                              boosts your metabolism!
+ 1 can (28 oz.) Tomato Sauce
+ 1 qt. Beef Broth ** I used just the 14.5 oz can and it worked perfect!!!
OPTIONAL: 4 dashes tabasco hot sauce
                       Mexican blend shredded cheese

Directions:

Warm Oil in a soup pot over MEDIUM heat.
Saute' onions and garlic until translucent. Add flank steak and all dry seasonings, stirring to coat meat. Add beans, chilies, tomato sauce, and broth. Raise the heat to MEDIUM HIGH and bring to a boil.
Reduce heat and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes or until ready to serve.

Serve with Sour cream, cheese, or crackers.

ENJOY!

Seriously... Amazing. 

**Hoover the picture to pin to Pinterest. You won't want to forget this one!!!!


Hansen Love

1 comment:

copyright © 2013 Hansen love | all rights reserved | design by lost boy designs